Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 9 - Memory

Last Ride

The sun was somewhere on the horizon
Hidden by a mist that coated everything
Before it burned away in the morning's light
The curve in the road became tighter
The outside sloping down
Pulling
I looked
I followed
I found myself in the weeds
Still moving at the same speed
Until

Until

Until my front wheel hit a mound of excess asphalt
And the Universe had to decide where the momentum was to go
The mound didn't move

I slowly flowed through the air turning upside down
And sideways
My hands on the bars
My feet on the pegs
Hundreds of pounds of steel between my knees
Every plant
Every mote of dust
Ingrained upon my mind
It took forever before
Impact
On my left side
My knee beneath the engine
And I bounced onto my right side
My other knee
Before finally sliding to a stop

No comments:

Post a Comment