Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Moment With the Author

Some people are going to read the previous ramblings and say it isn't poetry. Some may say it isn't even writing, per se. But to me it matters not. The point of this exercise is exactly that; an exercise.
The fact that I am attempting to form groups of words based on a simple prompt every day is exactly the sort of thing I need to get the juices flowing.
I have a number of journals. Some lay about the house like unwanted relatives, collecting dust and ridding my fridge of beer. Others live in jacket pockets, to be scribed within on the chance I find them. A few actually travel with me on purpose, to be available when I need them. But none receive attention daily, or even regularly.
Now I have the sharp poke, the push, the little prompt to get me to scribble at least a few lines a day. And I find that I am thoroughly enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment